The Advisory Board’s mandate is to provide advice, guide and make recommendations to ensure successful implementation of the postdoctoral training program as well as assisting in formulating strategies to ensure its long-term sustainability.
The Advisory Board has the responsibility to:
- Assess the current program to determine if it is meeting its objectives as set out in the original grant application
- Strategically link the postdoctoral program to other programs and form a network of collaborating scientists/partner institutions as part of the program.
- Assist the NMIMR to develop a sustainable strategy for the Postdoctoral Fellowship program after the current funding period expires
- Link the Institute to funders of postdoctoral training programs, private donor/businesses or organizations who might provide funds for the NMIMR program
- Assist the Institute to formulate a scientific plan for the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research
- Provide strategic advice and make recommendations to the coordinating Committee in ensuring the successful implementation of the Program
The board is made up of both international and Ghanaian members.